Friday, May 12, 2017

oh what a night... rough one that is... May 6th

I'm about 425 nautical miles from the Azores.  The Azores are part of Portugal, but its really surprising that they are so far out in the ocean from the mainland.

The weather has been awesome up till last night.  Weather in the 70's once we left Miami. I had sat in a comfy chair, curled up with a bookwith this gorgeous view. (it definitely makes you realize how small you are in comparison to the ocean.

The sun was warm, and the day almost perfect!  Actually the weather was supperb all the days since we left Miami. (though many have been sun bathing, I haven't been interested in that) Every night we have a dance party in the Spice H20, which is a big open area at the back of the ship...  including a huge screen (also used for the movies)

Each night is a different theme... we've had 70's music, 80's music, Latin music, and last night was supposed to be the "glow" party where everyone wears white and black lights are in abundance. There is so much loud music it makes me wonder if they can't see and hear it when orbiting the earth.

But things changed last night..  sigh... The winds started to pick up and the ocean got a little more rough...  THEN...  during the night the waves really picked up... tossing the ship around. (I was rolling back and forth while laying in bed)  I was reading the stats, and there are 12 foot swells.  Hoping it ends with that and doesn't get worse... also, found that it's raining... another big sigh!

Even though the weather is quite iffy, I'm having a blast! each night there is a show of some kind... I've seen singing groups, a hypnotist (now that was funny), improv and dueling pianos.  There's a huge solo group, so it's nothing to have 25-30 of us going to dinner and then a show afterwards.

Tomorrow we dock at the Azores... I have a cool excursion planned.  Lots of volcanos & caldrons that make for beautiful scenery. I'll post pics later (I should have wifi when we land.)

until we meet again...
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment